3.31.2008

Mommy Blogger

The term “mommy blogger” doesn’t sit well with me.


I really don’t like being labeled something that is only a part of who I am. I am a mommy. I think I am a good one. Most of the time. But I am also a daughter, a sister, a wife, a career woman, a friend. I am a person who happens to have children. I am not sure how anyone with children who writes about them becomes only a mommy blogger, but it happens.


And then there is issue of why I even care… I have no idea. I suppose it makes me feel two-dimensional. I think about this when I am reading other “mommy blogger” sites… I think about how they typically only write about their kids, their family life – I suppose the things that are most immediate and pressing – and I wonder what else these people do…what they enjoy outside of the mommy stuff that they do. Maybe part of the problem is that being a mom (or a dad) takes up so much time, that there isn’t time for much more in the early years. I also think that if I am not constantly talking about/writing about/playing with my kids, that I am being the best parent I can. OH THE PRESSURE!