11.03.2004

What if?

As I walked upstairs this morning, I heard that Kerry had conceded. Now, at the risk of being bombed or hated, I admit that I voted for Bush. I am typically pretty conservative, and I live in Texas. No other vote would have mattered, and honestly I voted for what I believe.

But – there was a tiny part of me that felt defeated. A part of me felt like it lost. I thought about it a bit and I guess I was wondering what it would be like to have another party in office now. A little part of me wondered what would change. The idea of change is fantastic! I like change. I like learning new things, meeting new people. I guess I kind of liked the idea of a new president (secretly) too. Now we are going to have 4 more years of the same old thing. Tried and true. Not much to worry about.

But I keep wondering “what if”