11.06.2006

Operation Isn’t It About Time To Finally Lose The Damn Post-Baby Weight

Right now I am contemplating going to the Gym in order to support Operation Isn’t It About Time To Finally Lose The Damn Post-Baby Weight, and leaning unhealthily toward “stay here and keep reading nonsense”. I have the time, I am only a few blocks away. The boys are asleep. I won’t be missing a thing…and yet, and yet… here I still am. I know I NEED to go, but I DON’T WANNA. Why is that? And, as I sit here I am staring down two overfilled laundry baskets full of clean clothes just begging to be folded and put away (and there is another one downstairs in the laundry room if you must know the truth – GOD you are pushy). I know I need to fold it, but I don’t. The bathroom is a mess and needs to be cleaned. Our bedroom needs to be vacuumed. There are a million things that I really need to do, and yet I sit here and read the news and read email and avoid all contact with responsibility. So – now. Here. For all 5 of you to read is a complete rip-off of my husband’s 2006 New Year’s Resolution. I now resolve NOT TO BE LAZY. From here on out, I will not spend the day looking forward to sleeping. I will no longer let the laundry pile up, the dirt take over the house and the bed go unmade for days (ok, weeks – it is weeks). I will get off my ass and go to the gym, and keep the house clean and weed the flower beds. I will work during work time and contribute to the living.


I will start right now by going to the gym. Damn gym.