4.29.2008

If I Could Run, Which I Can't

Yesterday after paying my traffic ticket – yes, it DOES seem like I just did that, because, well I did. However I am completely incapable of driving the speed limit. Ever. My husband said something along the lines of me being personally responsible for funding pretty much everything the police force in our area does, specifically the new LED lights on top of their cars. I think he is exaggerating… - Anyway, after doing …that… I went to the gym for the first time in what feels like FOREVER. And it was good.


If I was allowed to run, which of course I am not, I would have run for about 10 minutes to warm up and then would have done some weights and then headed home. But since I cannot run, I ran for 10 minutes to warm up and then did some weights. Save the lecture. If you know me, you know it is pointless, and if you don’t know me, there is NO WAY I am listening to you…

Today, after having one of the worst mornings in history here at work, I headed to the gym again, because there was no way I could take another minute of the insanity. And if I were allowed to run, which I am not, I would have run for 30 minutes and LOVED EVERY RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT MINUTE OF IT. I would have started feeling achy in my hip and right shoulder, my lungs would have burned, I would have felt out of breath within 10 minutes, but I would have soldiered on and when I finished, I would have felt better than I have felt in a long, long time. I would have felt stronger and happier than I have in ages. And I would have vowed to do it again tomorrow. It was THAT good.