12.18.2007

To the Beat of our Noisy Hearts

The heart doctor doesn’t know if what I suffered was a mild heart attack or not. Since I refused an MRI before being released from the hospital during the summer, they have nothing to compare today’s to. Huh. Guess I should not have argued with them and refused the earlier MRI. Anyway, there is some muscle damage, but we knew that before. What we do not know is what portion is new (if any) and what was pre-existing. I cannot see how it matters really. He also said it could have been a bad episode of variant angina.


Overall he thought things looked good and didn’t seem all that concerned…which made me feel better. I was sent away with a prescription for nitroglycerine which I am to keep with me at all times. I wonder if it can double as pepper spray?