12.16.2007

The Great Ketchup Debacle of 2007

Happy Birthday to Pappa!


Pictures to follow, because I forgot to bring my digital camera and had to buy one of those disposable 35mm cameras there – and who even develops film anymore?


We headed over to Todd’s parent’s house for an afternoon of Pappa birthday fun. And fun it was. The boys ran around, rough-housed to their hearts content, and I napped all afternoon. Awesome!


We then went to the Rainforest CafĂ© for dinner, where Roark managed to fill his whole entire shirt with ketchup. I stripped him from the waste up and tried to clean him up…in a dimly lit restaurant, it was difficult at best. I then purchased a new shirt for him and re-dressed him. I am sure we were getting all kinds of looks, being deemed the white-trash icon family of the evening, but really, what was I going to do? We sadly don’t have any pictures of the ketchup incident, but a few after which are still pretty funny. When we got home, there was still ketchup in his hair, behind (and in) his ears, in his belly button and somehow, down his back. I cannot even figure out how he managed that one…


Todd thinks they purposely make the condiments with extra vacuum-packing, in order to sell more shirts. I can see his point.



On a side note, I think the Nyquil is working. My 102.5 fever seems to be coming down and I don't feel like curling into a ball and whining anymore. God bless drugs.