12.21.2007

Kill Me. Please.

It has been one of those days. Perhaps one of those weeks. One where “On my last nerve”, “Brink of insanity”, “At my wits end”, and “Shut the hell up” may have been uttered more than once.


The boys are 2 and a half. And they are in the height of the terrible two stage. I can do NOTHING to help them. It is always “by myself” followed by screaming and full-blown melt downs. It is very often “give me that”, “I don’t want that”, “I don’t like that”, and “Go away”.


We see tantrums over not letting them open a door, asking them to open a door, making them wear a coat, asking them to take off a coat, feeding them, not feeding them, giving them milk, giving them milk in the wrong cup, giving them lemonade at the wrong time, allowing the sun to rise in the east and set in the west, letting the wind blow, letting time continue along its normal pattern, and letting other people exist – at all. It is trying, and annoying, and driving me fucking insane!


Yes, I am thrilled to have children. Yes, I love my family. Yes, this is exactly what I asked for. But for the love of GOD, why are they such terrors at the same freaking time????


Send help, since booze is no longer an option.