2.18.2008

Random Ramblings

I am supposed to have today off, however because my financial team hates me, I have had to work through most of the morning and into the afternoon. I still have about 4 hours of work to finish today. ON MY DAY OFF. I am not going to say much more about this subject except that NOBODY LIKES WORKING ON THEIR DAY OFF!

-----


There are more clothes waiting to be folded and put away than I think we own. How does that happen?

-----


It is 40 degrees outside, but because the sun is blazing into the windows, it is a bazillion degrees in this house. If only we could capture that energy and use it for heating our house later. Oh wait. Solar power. Yes. You DO exist.

-----


I went to the ENT today. She claimed she needs to see the MRI films (which they have requested, but do not yet have) before she can decide how to proceed. They took a culture from my ear (oh, now that was fun) and prescribed ear drops (which she actually said most likely won’t help at all). They also did a hearing test, which my left ear failed (underachiever) and that was pretty much it. She said that the MRI may not tell her much since it doesn’t distinguish well between fluid and inflammation – so a CT may need to be done. She will call with the lab results and her interpretation of the MRI. Otherwise, I go back in two weeks. So really, nothing was accomplished. Great use of a few hours…

-----


I am supposed to be cooking dinner tonight, but came to the conclusion at 4pm that I was not going to feel like it. And behold, I do not! I can predict the future!! Carry-out, I love you so.

-----


The wireless here at the house is slow enough that the pony express is starting to appeal to me as a more reliable use of transferring data.


-----

It is after 5 and I am still working, and I am annoyed to the point of wanting to stab my self in the eyes with my pen just so I can have a day off! Would I get a day off for that, you think? No? Figures.