9.13.2004

This Time Of Year

Football Picks

OK – so I didn’t publish picks last week for the games – but if I had it would have looked like this (picks in bold)

New England 27, Indianapolis 24 - I grew up in Indiana and tend to pick the Colts – no idea why

Tennessee 17, Miami 7 - I am a fan of Miami…I think it is because I like the dolphin

St. Louis 17, Arizona 10 - no reason here…I never had much faith in Arizona

Cleveland 20, Baltimore 3 - I hate all Ohio teams

N.Y. Jets 31, Cincinnati 24 - I like saying “J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets”. And – that is why I will pick them. Every week.

Detroit 20, Chicago 16 - I like the Bears. I remember the silly shuffle song of days gone by…can’t help buy pick them.

Jacksonville 13, Buffalo 10 - buffalo is cold. Brrr.

Pittsburgh 24, Oakland 21 - Oakland is icky. Pittsburgh had that cool defense in the 70’s we all loved..so now I still like them.

San Diego 27, Houston 20 - Houston just doesn’t do much for me.

Seattle 21, New Orleans 7 - Seattle has a cool stadium.

Washington 16, Tampa Bay 10 - I am a fan of Florida and have never really like the redskins.

Atlanta 21, San Francisco 19 - Atlanta… I just can’t like that team.

Minnesota 35, Dallas 17 - I always always always pick AGAINST the cowboys. I can do that – I live in Dallas.

Philadelphia 31, N.Y. Giants 17 - I like the Giants. They are big.

Denver 34, Kansas City 24 - I always pick against KC too – I can do that. I lived there for 7 years.

So I round out at 8 out of 15. Sad. And funny – I did pretty poorly looking at the scores. But then – there is NO method to my picking teams. Sometimes I go by color, area of the country, vibe I get when I think of the team name… not exactly a science there is it?

Tonight:

Green Bay at Carolina - I don’t know why….I just feel like they will win. Cheese Heads. Hehehe

WEEK 2
Carolina at Kansas City - normally I pick against KC, but I just don’t like the Panthers.

Chicago at Green Bay - I really am a Green Bay fan

Denver at Jacksonville

Houston at Detroit

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

San Francisco at New Orleans

St. Louis at Atlanta

Washington at N.Y. Giants - thinking of apples in the fall...just seems like the right team to pick.

Seattle at Tampa Bay

Buffalo at Oakland

Cleveland at Dallas - Dallas sucks

New England at Arizona

N.Y. Jets at San Diego - J.E.T.S - JETS JETS JETS

Miami at Cincinnati

Monday
Minnesota at Philadelphia


So we will see how that works out. I must warn you - my pics have NEVER amounted to anything...ask my husband.


And I will leave you with words from one of my favorite fall songs....

Well, there's a feeling in the air
Just like a Friday afternoon.
Yeah, you can go there if you want
Though it fades too soon.
So go on, let it be.
If there's a feeling coming over me,
Seems like it's always understood this time of year.