9.28.2004

Email Fun - All in a Day's Work

Email actually sent by my boss:

-----Original Message-----
From: Amnesia's Boss
Sent: Today
To: All the people that are dumb enough to work for me
Subject: Thanks!!!

Folks - Sometimes I get all caught in the daily fire fights that I forget to say thanks for all the personal sacrifices you all give day in and day out. So I want thank you all and know that I will strive to minimize the need for those sacrifices when and where ever possible. Thanks for what you do every day to make us all successful.

My husband's interpretation of above email:

"Hi, I'm a sucky boss and plan to continue to be one. Thanks for covering up for all my screwups. Don't expect anything to change, and count on continuing to work super long hours. Oh, and don't count on any bonuses or raises for your hard work, just this crappy note."