12.29.2008

2008 - Reviewed

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Went skiing, just my husband and I.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

My resolution was to be in the moment, and while I did ok some of the time, I found it hard to focus all of the time. I will make one for next year…more than one really, in fact I already did. I want to focus on family, health, fitness – and having fun.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No

5. What countries did you visit?

I did not travel outside of the US this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Less debt. We were on a great line to be out of debt this year, however getting the house ready to sell and paying lawyers put us up a bit. I want to focus on paying that down so that we can start planning some big trips.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

August when we took Cassie to College. All of October and November when we were going through custody and mental health issues with Brittany, and November 13th, when the nightmare finally ended.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting back into shape.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I am not really sure there was anything that I spectacularly failed at. I wanted to get back into running and that has not really panned out yet, but I am still working on it. Learning to get back into shape slowly has been hard…

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

The typical colds and flu, but compared to last year it has been a wonderful year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

The Wii has been fun for the whole family.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Brittany has rallied after a very difficult few months which involved taking her own dad to court…she deserves a blue ribbon. Cassie has managed to hold herself together in the face of all the ugliness – she too deserves a ribbon.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My ex-husband’s behavior has not ceased to surprise me.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Lawyers. Food. House upgrades.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

New music…and not anything specific either. Theory of a Dead Man, the new All American Rejects, Stroke 9 – I just love music.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

I Hate My Life, Theory of a Dead Man

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? About the same, but in better shape
c) richer or poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Insert x-rated description here.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Work

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At home with family…it was fantastic.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

I remained in love, with my husband, and my girls and my boys. No new loves though.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Entourage or The Shield

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No.

24. What was the best book you read?

I have not read much this year….but really liked World War Z. I hated The Shack.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Slightly Stoopid (kind of liking the reggae sound)

26. What did you want and get?

Tiffany Perfume

27. What did you want and not get?

Sapphire Earrings

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

We have not seen very many movies this year at all. I liked Juno and The Secret Life of Bees.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 40 this past year. My birthday is in January – and honestly I have no idea what we did last year…I am sure we went out to dinner, but I cannot tell you where. I got a watch from Todd – very nice Tag Heuer ladies dive watch.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A job I enjoyed more.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

I don’t have much fashion sense. This year I was in fairly good shape and I took advantage of it by wearing more revealing clothes, but not in a slutty bad way…I assure you.

32. What kept you sane?

Working out, weekends, a great family.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Well, seeing how this was a big election year, we were all a little bit more interested in politics. It was exciting and historical no matter who you wanted to win. It felt good to be a part of history…you know?

35. Who did you miss?

My mom. I always miss my mom.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I don’t know that I met too many new people. I have a few new friends at work that make it tolerable and have connected with a long-lost friend from my childhood (Hi Deanna), so that is nice.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Everything is better when your kids are potty trained.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

We say,
we do,
the lies, the truth
and all I need is next to me

Mona Lisa, All American Rejects