9.02.2004

Bad Country Song Titles

So what is on my mind?

No idea really. Do you ever have those days where you are thinking about everything and nothing – all at the same time? It is caused, for me, by lack of sleep. I just cant sleep. I want to – I really do. But. I. Can’t. At all.

Three days now – no real sleep. Maybe 2 hours total over the 3 days. That is not very much time. And I don’t sleep more than 10 minutes or so at a time. I am sure it won’t kill me, but it is making me have swimmy-head. And it is not that I am not tired. I just can’t go to sleep or stay asleep. I have always had trouble making my head stop thinking and allowing my body to go to sleep – but this is an all-time new for me. I usually sleep in the early morning the best. Now, I fall asleep around 2:45 and am up before 3. For the day. I might fall back to sleep around 5:30 or 6 for another 10 or 20 minutes. Then I am up. Awake. Worrying about everything that has ever taken place on earth. Crazy. Don’t know why. Nothing should be that important that it needs thinking about ALL THE TIME. But my head won’t listen to reason. And it won’t go to sleep.

While not sleeping, I started thinking about great names for country songs. Keep in mind – this is on NO sleep…here is what I came up with – along with a few added by folks at work. They wanted to join in the fun too:

  • My Sister, My Wife
  • My Truck Is Bigger Than Yours
  • She Took The Tractor When She Broke My Heart
  • 15 Is Legal Somewhere
  • Books Is For Burnin’
  • If I had An Armadillo, I Could Make A Great Stew
  • My Horse Is My Only Friend
  • My Sister Left Me For My Horse
  • This Trailer Aint Wide Enough For The Three Of Us...So Your Brothers Gotta Go
  • I’m Changin’ My Name And Movin’ Out Of The Trailer Park
  • I Didn’t Mean To Hit You, Officer
  • Hold On To My Bottle, While I Hold Onto Your Wife
  • Daddy Says I Kiss The Best
  • The Pumpkin On Our Porch Has More Teeth Than My Wife
  • My Porch Caved In And Killed Three Dogs
  • Blackeyed Trailorbitch Blues