1.17.2005

Life

When I was married the first time, what seems like a long, long time ago, EVERYTHING was different in comparison to my life now. I had a different view of the world. I was not very happy in general, but merely existing day-to-day for the purpose of raising my children, going to work to earn money, paying bills – all of the general life ‘stuff’. That is not to say that it was a horrible or abusive marriage, because it was not. It just wasn’t happiness. It simply…was. And you know what? I didn’t even know how unhappy I truly was until I fell in love for real.

I am happier now than I can ever remember being in my whole life. Everyday little things bring a smile to my face now. My husband and I enjoy so many of the same things…books, music, cooking, hiking. We love the outdoors, we love animals, we love being with each other. Life is just so completely different. I realized this long ago, but am amazed at how wonderful my life is everyday. Everything is better. Take my pregnancy as an example. This one is so different than when I had my girls. And do you know why? I do. My husband cares about what is going on. He is supportive, and interested. He is concerned and just loves the fact that we are having babies. This is something that I have never experienced before – and it is something that although I didn’t realize it years ago, I really missed.

Life has never been better and I am more in love than I have ever been.