- What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
We traveled internationally with our little boys. It was fantastic and difficult, and worth every memory.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No…no I did not.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dog. Does that count?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Sanity. Patience. The ability to find fun in everything…to lighten up a bit.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 18th, when I woke up in the hospital after being sick for most of June.
And, the day we had Shiner put to sleep.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Does surviving it count?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not accomplishing much. I didn’t change the world, make a lasting impression, improve anyone / anything. I just scraped by. Didn't save my dog...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I was sick starting in February, it escalated in June, I ended up in the ICU for most of the summer and was lucky to live.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Vacations, I suppose…
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband’s. He is amazing…he is patient, and kind, and a fantastic person.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Shiner’s – my dog.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vacations and gifts…and bills. There are always bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Putting together a plan to get out of debt within 2 years. Vacations.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Dreaming in Color
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Thinner. Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with immediate family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fall in love with my husband over and over all the time.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Scrubs. The Office. Can I choose two?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
There are some doctors that should go on that list…
24. What was the best book you read?
The River’s Flow, or The Road.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Outdoor firepit and furniture.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 39. I don’t remember what we did, but I am fairly sure we went out to dinner. Todd gave me a new watch, which I love.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less time in the hospital.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfy and too big.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Me. I missed the old me quite a bit. And my family over the summer.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
If you don’t notice things, they will pass you by.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking.
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
- - - Pink Floyd